As a qualified (ABTC) Registered Clinical Animal Behaviourist, Jeri is able to offer professional help with any behavioural problems that your pet may have. Some problems seen are:
- Aggression towards people and dogs
- Attachment issues and generalised anxiety
- Fear, phobias and nervousness
- House soiling
- Car Problems
- Obsessive compulsive disorders
A holistic approach is taken, looking at diet, family dynamics, lifestyle, relationship with the animal and what motivates the animal. All treatment methods are kind and based on scientific and evidence based proven methods which do not compromise the animal’s welfare.
What to expect?
- Consultations are available on veterinary referral- some behavioural problems are physiologically based. A referral form and questionnaire are available for your use.
- Consultation lasts 1 ½ – 2 hours in the privacy of the owner’s home.
- A detailed case history is taken and the pet’s temperament is assessed.
- A treatment programme is devised and tailored for your cat or dog and it’s environment and family using modern reward based methods.
- A report is also sent to the referring veterinary surgeon.
- Generally only one session is needed and all follow up advice is freely available by phone or email.
- Additional visits are available at a reduced fee.
- Fees may be covered in part or full less the usual excess by major pet insurance companies.
Got a new puppy? Need some advice before taking them to class? This 1 ½ -2 hour consultation in your own home gives you the opportunity to discuss with an expert anything about the behaviour of your new puppy, for example house training tips, biting and chewing. Handouts and recommendations are given. Get your pup off to the right start!
First Time Dog Owner Consultations
Thinking about getting a dog? Already got your first dog? This 1 ½ – 2 hour consultation gives you the opportunity to discuss anything about getting your first dog, from what breed best suits my circumstances to initial training, feeding recommendations or how to play successfully. Handouts and recommendations are given.
Rescue Dog Consultations
Have you just obtained a rescue dog? Need some advice or just want to get off on the right foot? This 1 ½ – 2 hour consultation gives you the opportunity to learn about the “Honeymoon Period”, why setting ground rules are so important, the prevention of problems, how not to let the dog’s “story” get in the way of training and much more. Jeri’s vast experience in working with rescue dogs makes this consultation a very popular one!